Name That Tune: The 70s (Junior Varsity) Edition
This edition of BBHQ's Name that Tune is especially for the younger
boomers; it includes only well-known songs from the 70s.
The current Junior Varsity Champ is Hope . with 73 points.
Since you are not a member here at BBHQ, we can show you only a couple of the questions. Once you become a member, you will have access to all of the trivia quizzes at BBHQ.
This quiz consists of 30 questions, worth a maximum of 3 points each. So, you're shooting for a score of 90 points.
You can take this quiz one question at a time; answer as many as you like. When you are done, click the "How'd I Do?" button near the bottom to summarize your score and compare your score to others.
The artists in this quiz may include the following:
... or not.
OK... let's get going:
Until you become a member at BBHQ, this is all we can show you.
3. 1973: Part of a duo in the 60s, he made pictures with his words.
4. 1977: A huge hit from Volvo country.
5. 1973: A man; a woman; and a nasty reptile.
6. 1973: A song questioning one's parents' artistic skills... and such. (4 words)
7. 1972: Mick Jagger did the background vocal; but no, it was not about him.
8. 1973: Modesty, from a great band still touring. (4 words)
9. 1977: In this, his 3d big hit, he describes what he does.
10. 1974: The best line is a reference to a Judy Garland movie.
11. 1974: A four-legged animal, swaying gently. (4 words)
12. 1973: The title became an icon representing a new beginning. (4 words)
13. 1974: Three words: like sugar; no place like it; where the Bear reigned.
14. 1975: Do it; in a hurry. (2 words)
15. Truly an American song, by a Canadian group.
16. 1972: You mean your father was Mick Jagger? (5 words)
17. 1970: Your means of transportation to the 70s.
18. 1979: Staying power, at the end of the dicso era.
19. 1974: A 60s singer & a 70s group, with a great, upbeat song.
20. 1972: The last hit for a 50s & 60s singer.
21. 1978: An R&B group, with a notable lead singer; a great love ballad.
22. 1976: One singer we all knew; one we never heard of before; but that had a great foot-stomping hit. (5 words)
23. 1978: Lead song from a 70s movie. He was on his own here, though he made his mark as lead singer of a 70s group.
24. 1979: The ideal casual attire.
25. 1970: A 70s version of the Irish look.
26. 1974: A simple mathematical equation.
27. 1975: A gentle love song with high notes off the scale.
28. 1973: All the women love to do this, especially after dark.
29. 1975: One look, and you know it's fake.
30. 1975: Romantic, wishful thinking, from a military (?) guy on keyboard.
The Official Baby Boomer Qualifying Exams
17 books (500 questions) in our Trivia Library
Name That Tune
The Name Game
Who Said That?
The Boomer Movie Quiz
What's in a Number?
What's in a Number? (The Boomers' R&R Edition
The 60s Quiz
The 70s Quiz
The BBHQ Great American Civics Quiz
In the planning stages:
"Name That Tune - The 50s (Varsity) Edition,"
"Name That Tune - The Beatles Edition,"
"Name That Tune - The Instrumentals Edition," and
"Name That Tune - One-Hit Wonders."
If you are not yet a member, please join so that we can get these neat quizzes online soon. Basic membership is just $9 a year. Click here for more info.
Copyright © 2004-2009, Baby Boomer HeadQuarters - WWW.BBHQ.COM - All rights reserved.