Here's How it Works:|
1. The BBHQ Trivia Contest is available to all active members at BBHQ.
If you are not currently a member, click here
to sign up. (Basic membership is only $9 per year.) Though, everyone can
participate in our Warm-Up contest.
2. However, sometimes we feature our contest in our free, weekly, no-spam newsletter.
When we do so, subscribers to our free, weekly newsletter are eligible to win.
3. Our contest features trivia primarily from music, TV and radio,
movies, current social and political events, fads and fashions of the
late 50s, 60s, and early 70s.
4. You may need speakers and a sound card to participate. Make certain
you your computer can play Flash video files before you begin the
5. Usually, each contest consists of 10 questions. Contestants answer the
questions online and submit answers using our entry form.
6. Once the quiz begins, do not click the refresh (or reload) button on
your browser. That will disqualify you.
7. The first contestant to answer all 10 questions correctly wins the
8. We will confirm your entry after you submit it, but we will not be
able to tell you your score or if you are the winner. We'll inform all
participants who complete the contest via e-mail, probably by Friday.
9. You either know it or you don't. There is often a time
limit. If you do not click the "Grade Me"
button within the specified time, you will be disqualified.
10. You can enter the contest only once. Once you begin the
contest, you're in. That's your only shot.
The Fine Print:Improving Your Odds
You gotta' read the instructions. You don't follow the instructions, you
may miss the boat. Not our fault.
We have tested our contest on recent versions of Internet Explorer,
FireFox and Chrome running on PCs and laptops. We have no
idea if it will work on smartphones or with WebTV or other oddball browsers. If it does not
work for you.... sorry, we probably can't help you.
Void where prohibited, taxed, regulated, restricted, disallowed,
frowned-upon, or otherwise limited. Militant Islamists will be
Decision of the judges is final.
We pay the postage to get the prize to you in the U.S. We may require you
to pay postage outside of the U.S. Taxes? Whoa, that's your bag,
We are not responsible for hardware, software, network, or other
technical problems; phone line or DSL failures; cable interruptions;
hurricanes, termites or no-seeums; a yada-yada-yada.
We may suspend the contest at any time; we'll give you plenty of notice
ahead of time. But we gotta' do what we gotta' do.
You snooze; you lose.
The odds are in your favor. But still, how do you improve your chances of
winning? Well, for starters, become a member. Sometimes, ya' gotta' be a member. If
you are not already, join here.
Next, sign up for our free no-spam, Weekly Newsletter. We'll
offer hints for the contest that begins the same day. And
sometimes, the quiz is available only to subscribers:
No spam; no charge; just 60 seconds of good, clean fun.
Read our "This Week with the Chicowitz"
essay before entering the contest. It often contains a clue to one or
Finally, play around. Questions in our contest often come from our
and our numerous trivia quizzes. The more you know.... the more